Sunday, July 18, 2010

Weekend Wind down

Hey everyone, hope you had a great weekend I sure did. We started things off with a good old fashioned farmers market, it was the first of the season and will run every Saturday until the 1st Saturday in October. I was super excited to go and I had every intention of filling up on local produce and goodies but alas if I don't bring a list I get totally overwhelmed. So I went home empty handed this time, oh well I'll make sure to bring a list next time we go.

Opening bell was 8:30 A.M and I think we got there a little before 9, there were so many people and the weather was already getting hot. There was fruit and veggies, jelly and meat, and some wicked group of guys playing a mean beat. (Ohhhh yeah I just threw down that rhyme). Don't worry folks I'll be here all week!

Next stop was brunch (Oooo fancy).


We went to one of our favorite cafes in town, McCormick Cafe. Chris ordered the Montana Ave Omelette filled with ham, tomato, and mushrooms with a white chocolate latte.


Mmmm... Let me think, oh yes, I had the Oatmeal: Steel cut oats served with milk, brown sugar and a side of fresh fruit and toast. Oh yeah...


Oh, and we just haaad to try one of their Raspberry Parisian crepes!!


How could you not??

So after we had our fill we decided to head to our local Summer Fair. It was full of vendors of all sorts; art, jewelry, woodwork, ceramics, clothing, iron work, you name it. Someday I hope (NO I'm going) to get a booth so I can sell my wares. 


We didn't stay too long, the heat was getting to us and after that awesome breakfast... Opps I mean brunch all we wanted to do was take a nap. There was some entertainment. The cast of Hair was preforming a few numbers. We would have stayed a little longer but somewhere between the peace and love and ass we knew it was time to leave.


We went home to re-coup and he spent the rest of the day indoors and I somehow found some obscure reserve of energy and decided it would be a good idea to bake muffins in 90 + degree heat, but anyway that's for another day.

Well that's it for me, what did you do with your weekend?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment